top of page
English Insurance Group General Business Insurance


Professional Liability and Errors & Omissions

Who Needs It?

If you are a professional who gives advice as part of your business operations, talk with your insurance broker about professional liability insurance. Some of the most common types of businesses are listed below.

  • Consultants (human resources, education, IT, management, marketing, etc.)

  • Educational Tutors

  • Lawyers

  • Healthcare Professionals

  • Property Management Firms

  • Real Estate Agents & Brokers

  • Mortgage Brokers

  • Accountants and CPAs

  • Architects

  • Engineers

  • Interior Designers

  • Market Research Firms

  • Graphic Designers

What is it?

While commercial general liability insurance protects you and your business from slip and fall types of claims, professional liability insurance is designed to defend you from allegations of providing incorrect advice or failing to perform your professional services as expected. When your client has suffered a financial loss due to advice received from your business, and sues you, this policy is designed to defend you in such a lawsuit. Remember that even if you haven’t made any mistake, people can perceive they were wronged and make an allegation that you are at fault. Typical claims revolve around negligence, misrepresentation, inaccurate advice, and violations of good faith and fair dealing.

Depending on the policy and industry, this policy could be called Errors & Omissions, Professional Liability, or Malpractice insurance. The policy will help pay attorneys’ fees to defend you and protect your business and its reputation.

Professional Liability and Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance from English Insurance Group

Ask English!



Ask Kristie English, English Insurance Group, Principle

Kristie English, M.Ed.

Principal / Agent

What is the difference between general and professional liability insurance?



Most businesses need general liability insurance, regardless of their size. A typical general liability policy covers lawsuits over non-employee bodily injuries on your business property such as slip and fall incidents, and damage you accidentally caused to someone else’s property while operating your business. Professional liability claims typically involve your client suffering a financial loss, and not a physical or property damage loss.


We're here to help you understand your professional liability options.


Call us at (833) BIG-TREE / (425) 673-7948, or use our online form to request a quote.

English Insurance Group General Business Insurance
bottom of page